Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Wonderful Wallaby

Monday, May 22, 2006
What's wonderful about the wallaby is that it is so easy and fast to make. I like to make sweaters for new babies and the wallaby really fits the bill. It'a a knitted hooded sweater with a pocket in the front. If I work at it I can get one done in two weeks. But I need pressure, like a baby shower deadline, to do that. Right now I have plans to make five of them. My niece had a baby in January and I'm just working on the first sleeve. (See what I mean about pressure?) She knows I'm sending her something and unless she reads this she may not know what. Also there are four other young moms-to-be that I really would like to make one for as well.

Another wonderful thing about the wallaby is that you can make it in any size. The pattern goes from "two years" to "extra large adult". I've made a few in the larger size and it definitely takes quite a bit longer. H and La have each received one and LeA wants one in brown. That should be fun since I rarely work in brown.

4 comments:

Kedge said...

This is very nice. I get to see your trip, too. Did you see that crazy baby on SAJ? What a bundle of energy. Susie still likes red/lady bugs, Janet; robin-egg blue & light teal/aqua, Becky likes dark red, white & navy and I still wear alot of green or blue green. Hope that helps.

Jailgy said...

I found you! No, kedj told me. You did a great job on this. I like this blog place better than the one I told you about so I started one here, too. (I always copy you.) Its address is:
http://cracker-crumbs.blogspot.com/
My verizon one is down for updating/maintenance so I can't get to it to notify people.

SAJ said...

ooooh! I just found this and I really really really like the wallaby! Baby Bug will love it! I love pockets!

Anonymous said...

Just finished my first one, and so was looking around to see what other people's wallabies look like.

As a fairly new mom, I'd suggest that getting your kid into a sweater with no zipper is tough when they're floppy - so if you really want the sweater to get use, knit it a bit bigger and tell the mom you know she'll put it away (and/or give it for the kid's second birthday!)