Wednesday, May 31, 2006

"Frogging"


I was reading "Knitting Rules!" and was alarmed to read about the differences there can be when knitting on circular needles as opposed to straight needles. Huh. So that's why the body of the wallaby felt so much different than the sleeves! Rather than face the task of ripping out the sleeve and knitting again with smaller needles I set it aside for a while in order to gain courage for the "frogging" (rip it, rip it). It's not much fun to see all your hard work end up in a little pile of yarn. Instead, I finished the first sock of a pair for Laura and worked on a project for Janet (her b-day is first--and no, I'm not showing you a picture or even giving you a hint as to what it might be). Hopefully you'll like it, Janet. But if not, I'm having fun making it. When I've had time to recover from the pain of undoing an arm of a sweater (hours of work!) I'll be back.

3 comments:

Jailgy said...

The link should work now. Frogs are nice. I hear frogs in my Sims game. Rip it.

kerenjoy said...

I thought about that...I want you to know how painful it was to submit that post! (mom, the english major, is always in my head) I try NOT to look at Janet during meeting when folks use 'grevious, heighth, or worst; Deuteromony!

knitterykate said...

How about "for you and I"? We're always getting "I" as an object of the preposition around here. Have you read "Woe is I"? Good book. I have it if you want to read it.