Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Brain Candy or Meat?


Now that summer is almost here and there is no pressure for me to finish these leg warmers for Laura, I thought I would take a break from the monotony of K1, P1 endlessly in the round. They are a good project to keep in the bottom of my knitting bag for those times when conversation takes a little more attention than nodding at the odd comment one's husband makes. Don't get me wrong. There is no one's company I would rather be in than B's but I always need my hands busy with handwork. These perfectly fit the bill. I can knit to my heart's content yet make intelligent responses to his remarks. Yet my brain needs a little more challenge once in a while (like at 10 at night when the house is winding down and everyone is heading off to their rooms to be by themselves). So out comes a sweater or a project with a few cables to help ward off that dreaded disease that seems to hit those who don't keep their minds working. Brain Candy or Meat?

4 comments:

Jailgy said...

My brain candy is the Sims2. Candy because I have nothing to show for it but it does take a fair amount of concentration. It helps me keep really wierd hours, too. Brain meat? Mine would be learning html programming on the sly. BTW I took the obsolete blog link out of your blog but left it so that if you find the line you can add another link easily.

Jailgy said...

*weird* i before e except after c and when sounding like hay as in neighbor and weigh ...and weird.

Kedge said...

what a grevious mispelling! sounds like the heighth of ignorance.

Kedge said...

BTW mom has tried to post...she clicked on the wrong thing after writing FOREVER, gave up and won't try again. I'll keep after her.