Friday, February 12, 2016

I Fixed It!

So, I fixed the sleeves and now it's wearable. Still not happy about it but at this point I'm not going to rip it out and start all over. No, I'll just chalk it up to experience. Now I know to knit with a yarn that I like, i.e., 100% wool. Whenever possible. Also learned to stick with a pattern. I don't mean necessarily sticking to the shape of the garment but stick with the placement of the color. I would have liked this better if the stripes were a little higher - maybe two inches. Same number of stripes but placed differently.

Now, I'm worried about my next sweater project. I have the yarn all picked out but I'm using two different weights. One is a sport weight and the other is sock weight, Well, the only way to find out is to knit a swatch. And that I will do! Stay tuned.

No comments: