Monday, February 08, 2016

Reworking WIPs

Yep, I'm doing it! I'm getting them done. It's like a food diet. You just have to bite the bullet and do it. So, I'm demolishing WIPs left and right and forcing myself to NOT start another project until these old ones are under control. To make myself feel better I have even consigned some projects to zzzz on my Ravelry page. That way they are out of the way at the end of my project page and then all I see are a few WIPs at the top. So, then, as things come under control I can bring up a few more zzz's and promote them to WIP's. What mind games I play!

That said and taken care of I have even decided to rework some done projects that I'm not happy with. The Brick/Ravello is an example. The sweater looked sloppy. Too sloppy. Now, I can deal with a little bit of sloppy but when I looked in the mirror with the sweater on it looked so wrong. Just plain wrong. I thought of ripping out the sleeves to the arm pit as well as ripping back all the grey (up to the armpit) But wondered if just redoing the cuff would work. Well, that's just what I did. I ripped out the "k2, p2" cuff and replaced it with six rounds of stockinette stitch in needles four sizes smaller and then just bound off. It worked! The reduced size of needle cinched the cuff just enough that made it pleasing without it being overly gathered. I think I'll wear it tonight.


I want to do another rework but that involves a steek and my brain is not yet up to it.



In fact, I have two sweaters that could be more wearable if I inserted a steek down the front. We'll see.

No comments: