Friday, December 04, 2015

Two "Dragonfly Wings" Shawls and a Scrappy "Forever" Afghan

I had so much fun making the "Dragonfly Wings" shawl in Malabrigo Sock. It was actually a trial run for the shawl I'm making for Jailgy. It was a pattern we both liked so I made mine first to get all the "kinks" out before attempted to make "that perfect shawl". I was pleased how mine turned out and only hope hers will be as pretty.


"Dragonfly Wings" in Malabrigo Sock - Indiecita colorway


So, Jaigy wanted a white one and she picked out this yarn. So far, so good. It's fun to work on so I don't imagine it will take me long to finish it.




I've been working on this "Scrappy" afghan off and on for quite a while. It's something I keep by my chair in the family room with the purpose of working on it in between other projects. I'm not expecting to get it done in the near future but just want to keep it there by my side to have it handy for a quick row or two. It's a really good way to use up those scraps of acrylic yarn. I'm also thinking of making kid sweaters to send to South America. I've heard that the crazy/striped ones are the most popular. I think a little sweater made with scraps would be a good project to keep in the car. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: