Now drying is the "Chevron" cowl. Not sure what I'm going to do with it but maybe just put it in the gift box. I've got plenty of cowls and scarves to wear so I don't need another!
I was pleased with how it turned out. I think it helps that the yarn was really nice wool. Wool is my favorite but I have so much acrylic that I need to use up. Much of it was given to me; some of it I bought...only because it looked pretty on the skein. Which brings me to the next finished project.
This sock was made with 100% acrylic and was not fun. The yarn "schreeched" across the needles and I could only bear it because I knew these socks would be quick. If you notice the cuff, it's short. Therefore, I had the quickness of the project because it lacks a "leg". This sock is a combination of two patterns - Patons' "Hiking" socks and "Rose City Rollers". I just cast on 40 stitches and knit in a rib of knit two, purl two in the round for about four rounds. Then I went straight into the heel. The rest is a piece of cake as I just followed the "Hiking Socks" pattern, more or less. I've knit so many socks that I really don't need a pattern.
Trust me, there are two.