Thursday, August 10, 2006

Regina

Last year we stopped for some ice cream here and I was able to resist. Even though I had my knitting on my lap that didn't stop me this year. If they had mint chocolate chip, count me in. And they did!

It's really not that complicated. All she's doing is trying to decide which kind of coffee she wants. I suppose she's use to just telling the cashier her choice and waiting for it at the other end. But this time she had to think. And read.

Lots of familiar faces and some not so familiar.

H chats it up with Brother K. He's probably encouraging her in some way to go on for the Lord.

I'm not bold enough to get pics of people that I've just met. That and the fact that the girls were using the camera most of the last day of the conference. I told these girls that I'm taking this pic for posterity's sake. Both their moms I've known for over 35 years. Some day they'll look back to this time and remember how much fun they had with their friends and what an encouragement they were.

We were at Brian and Yvonne's for dessert one night but when we got to the house we found the door lock broken. No problem. Jim always has the answer. Between him and Brian they fixed that lock good! Usually he has more peaceful solutions to problems. Like grilling hamburgers at three AM on the back porch the last night of conference. I'm sure they were tasty but I wouldn't want to be there.

I finally finished the wallaby for PC. It turned out like I like. If that makes sense. What I mean is that I like them substantial and not too flimsy yet not too stiff. This one worked out like that.

The ride home is monotonous with this kind of landscape. It's a good thing I was asleep most of the time through the praries because it's so boring. B loves it. He likes to look out and see land for miles on end. It's the flattest place on earth, I'm told.

3 comments:

Gliterwolf said...

This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

Gliterwolf said...

A prof. once told me that Kansas was quite literally flatter than a pancake. A pancake has some pits in it but if you put a pancake side by side Kansas lacked the pits and therefore flatter than a pancake.

Gliterwolf said...

By the way Happy Belated B-day!! :)