Monday, June 20, 2016

Ginkgo And Squares

I finished my "Ginkgo" shawl with six grams of yarn to spare. That's enough to do a couple of stripes in a sock. So, I'll be saving it for some crazy socks. (Multiple stripes with scrap sock yarn).


I've got some pictures of the unblocked shawl that I'll show you. And when it's blocked I'll show you that as well. That way you'll appreciate what blocking does for lace. It really is amazing! Both the following pictures are of the unblocked shawl. I've got to get it in the bath before I can block it and show you what it really looks like!



Since I'm finishing projects I'll show you my progress on my latest weaving. I've made 110 squares from this yarn and am now sewing them together. It's not really exciting yarn but I felt like making squares and had a lot of this left over from a pair of socks I made for my brother. After all, you do not need six balls of yarn to make socks! Or was it seven?

It's tricky to get these squares together since their edges are so uneven so I've devised a system of sorts. Each square ends up with one short string and one long string. I match them up with the long strand in the back on the right top and the short strand on the bottom left. I then place the next square on top with the strands flipped and face to face. Keeping them consistent I haphazardly sew them together. Sigh. It's the best I can do. At least they are together and I'm one step closer to having another woven afghan for my "navy" colored house. 


What a life!





No comments: