Friday, November 30, 2007

Food, Raiment, Contentment



"With food and raiment therewith to be content."


I had been thinking on this verse ever since we moved into the warehouse in August. What are my wants? What do I really need? What do I need is not the same as what I want. If I can be content with food and raiment (coverings-wheather clothing or a roof over my head) and be content that God will provide all my needs ("My God shall supply all your needs") then I'm on my way. The Scriptures say "Godliness with contentment is great gain." I believe it. If you have a lot of stuff you worry about keeping that stuff safe. You worry about keeping it all organized and in the right spot so you can find it. Then you insure it because you don't want someone to steal it and you not have it. You make sure you can get it again by insuring it. Or at least something that is very similar. That costs money to do. Wouldn't it be less stress (and we all want less stress!) to not have to worry about things? Wouldn't it be good to have a household furnished in such a way that if thieves do "break in and steal" that they would say "Oops, someone beat us to it. There's nothing here to take."

No comments: