Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Whose birthday?

We don't know whose birthday we we're celebrating. On this day we were at B and B's. Everyone pitches in and donates something to the cause. Gramma made the main course-Chicken Paprikash. Chuggy made the rolls and provide the broccoli and rice. Jailgy brought the Martinelli's and other beverages. Can't remember what Soup brought but I'm sure it was something. The salad was made by Kedj and was the most delicious. She and Chuggy carmelized pecans in maple syrup and added that to butter lettuce and pears topping it off with Gongorzzolla (?) cheese and some kind of dressing. Yumm!! It was all delicious.
There are so many bithdays that you can point to anyone in the family and be pretty assured that it was his or the person right next to him. On this day alone we celebrated three and maybe one other.

The birthdays start coming by droves in July and don't let up til October. By then we have pretty much exhausted them all except Babbyboebee's, whose comes at the end of November.

It doesn't matter because my family will use any excuse to get together. Really. We like each other a lot and get along great...as long as they do as I say. Just kidding.


So take your pick and celebrate.

For dessert Kedj and I made a Marmalade Cake and an orange tasting Lemon Cheesecake. Both were delicious! I can compliment the cook because I really only had a little to do with it. (I think I made the cheesecake crust and measured sugar).

The waiter comes with the house.

3 comments:

SAJ said...

It was a fun dinner! I think it was Baby Bug's first where she ate with the family and enjoyed every minute of it. Must have been all the tasty morsels!

Jailgy said...

I didn't bring the Martinelli's. That was compliments of the house, I think. I brought four gallons of other liquids--milk and bottled water. Gotta have water.

Gramma said...

We had tried to celebrate B's and JL's birthdays August 25 and 31. Rather 31 and 25. By the time we got around to it, it was already Barry's and Gramma's on the 21st, then Chuggy's the 23rd and right behind it Kedj's on Oct 5th. We still have Tom and Soup and Snutch.