Thursday, June 29, 2006

Leavenworth


B and I are in Leavenworth by ourselves. (pictures to come. I don't know how to connect to the hotel computer and I forgot the camera thingy, too). It's such a quaint little town; Bavarian in style.
Last night were serenaded by a piano player until we could take no more. The piano was out of tune.



This morning at breakfast we were serenaded by a man who played some kind of horn that was at least 12 feet long. Something native to the Austrians. Again out of tune. Besides all that it has been a very relaxing time for us and I'm glad we came. Believe it or not, (believe it) we miss the kids and worry about them. We've gotten two phone calls from them and we've sent two ourselves. All in the space of less than eight hours. They should be okay and we'll see them tonight, D.V. But there was a schmozzlle of happenings last night. LJ had an awards ceremony to attend and they all wanted to go to meeting. They thought it would be short but it wasn't. More later when we find out what the award was. (probably "Most Days Missed In A First Year Of School" award).


We spent yesterday afternoon and last night here and plan to go on to WW later today. Breakfast was scrumptious. One Chuggy Pepper would enjoy.
Next was the treadmill for me and a bike ride for Bruce. I don't know if we'll count those for breakfast or for the Coldstream Ice Cream later on today. No lunch, is a given.

BTW Did you know that the British put the period inside the parentheses and quotes and the Americans put it outside? I think. Or is it the other way around? (I can never remember so I do both.). I read it in "Eats Shoots and Leaves"

6 comments:

Jailgy said...

I like parentheses but I use them too much. My grammar book says its a sign of a rough draft and the sentence should be revised to avoid the look of an afterthought. I guess the period should go on the inside if the thought is a complete sentence (outside if not). I'm sure there are rules for such things but my rule rememberer is asleep.

Jailgy said...

Have you ever noticed that the letters in the word verification thing are mostly for the left hand?

Jailgy said...

All right, enough vacation. Time to start blogging again.

avocadoinparadise said...

This looks like a pretty town. Was it very big? In BC...or Bavaria? :)

knitterykate said...

These are pics of a small town on the western side of the state of Washington on Highway Two. They've made it into a Bavarian tourist town.

Kedge said...

I LOVE parentheses! Almost as much as capitals. To me it is an appropriate or hilarious way to make an 'aside'. As in a BTW or an 'as if'. Besides, it's that way that I really talk. (by the way)