Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Periwinkle


Periwinkle has been one of my favorite colors for a long time. I made a sweater years ago that just turned out too big - (or it could have been that I lost weight). Anyway, I decided to rip it out and re-use the yarn for another sweater. The pattern I'm using is a modified "Brick". I basically cast on the number they used to cast on. I knit a few rows and started to increase at the front, sleeves and back for a total of ten increases. I did that on every right side row for about ten rows. From that I figured out my gauge. That would tell me how much increasing I would need to do. Since I want my sweater to be comfortable and not tight, I added a few inches to my total measurements. Now, I'm knitting until the sweater reaches that size and will separate the sleeves from the body of the sweater. At that point I plan on casting on another two inches worth of stitches for each of the underarms.
So far, so good.

No comments: