Thursday, January 28, 2016

Snowy Dragonfly Wings


I started this shawl for Jailgy last month and thought I would finish it while visiting her. I soon realized that knitting took second place next to her new quilting machine. We had so much fun! I think she said we finished five quilt tops altogether. I wish I had pics of them all but alas, I was only selfish enough to get one of mine.
This English paper piecing, basted on to a peach background and quilted on a electronic quilting machine.

When I got home I was able to finish her shawl but had trouble blocking it. I thought I could block it the usual way - the way I block wool. Get it wet, wring it out, pin it to a towel and wait for it to dry. Well, dry it did but when I unpinned it, it immediately curled. Grrr. I then remembered that that was not how you blocked acrylic! Silly me. What you are suppose to do is to pin your garment to the ironing board or some other smooth surface, hold the iron one to two inches above your work and steam away! And that, she said, worked. Voila!


No comments: