Monday, January 09, 2012

A Little Progress

We had Korean Beef for dinner tonight. At least, it's my variation of it. I dumped a splash of soy sauce in a non-stick pan and added about 1/2 cup of brown sugar on top. Then I mixed it around til the brown sugar was dissolved. Added sliced up inside blade steak (?), placed it on a burner and while it was cooking away I made some oven roasted veggies - broccoli, onions, carrots and green pepper. I was too lazy to put rice in the rice cooker so I popped a couple of potatoes in the microwave and nuked them. Add to the whole thing -potato fixings, a side salad and sliced avocadoes and I was done. I would serve it to company.

I finished another "One Day Beret"! This is in "Amazing" yarn in the Glacier colorway. I think this is the best yarn that Micheal's sells. At first I refused to buy it because it was/is so expensive but finally, I clued in to their 50% off coupons. Makes it reasonable. Where else can you get a beret for $4.99?


Laura's fingerless mitts are coming along nicely. Things come along nicely when you stay home all day when you're sick and can't really do much of anything besides knit or read.

Hopefully, I'll have them done tonight!



Finally, some progress on the sweater-scarf. Heidi's scarf is kinda so-so for me. I've enjoyed thinking up new stitches to add to the mix but the yarn is not fun to work with. I guess I'm using a needle that is too small for the thickness of the yarn. But I usually err on the side of small when it comes to needles because I like how firm it makes things. But it sure cramps the fingers!

1 comment:

Keren said...

Brenda will be over on Wednesday and she is bringing some sort of blue potatoes which we will roast with onions and sausage. She wants help making 'meringue mushrooms' for her Tree Stump Cake. Helena's sixth birthday party is saturday. Brenda is doing a Fairy Wonderland theme. Wish you were here!