Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow

Every blog that I've visited recently has posted about the weather. This will be no different. Since you all know what snow looks like, I will spare you the pictures. We've had snow and it has "stuck". None of this here today, gone tomorrow stuff as we have had in past years. It seems the Arctic has shifted south.

Our van came equipt with an outside thermometer. It was intriguing to watch the temperature drop by degrees as we drove from Vancouver to home. I don't remember it ever being this cold. Have you ever heard of -11 C much less felt it? And they (the weathermen) say there's a blizzard coming on Sunday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA -11 C??? It's -44 C with the windchill here today. You should come out here to get accustomed to it, and then when you go back home it will feel SO warm! :)

Gramma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramma said...

I remember it being 15 degrees in Kansas City when I had to ride the bus to high school back in 1943. Not only did I wear my balbrigan pajama bottoms. but also my slacks under the longest wool skirt I could find. I was not the only one standing by the row of lockers, trying to discreetly shinny out of the outlawed pants according to the school dress code.

The Chatty Housewife said...

Now they say we could get 10 inches over night?! Crazy! I am so glad we have a 4x4 truck or we wouldn't be able to get in and out of our garage.