Friday, December 07, 2007

Getting Ready For Europe

Been working on a hat for LeAnne to take to Europe. Can you believe it? All she wanted was a black hat to keep her ears warm. I almost got to the finish line and realized it was too short and too loose. The looseness I could have tightened up with elastic but the shortness needed me to rip back to where I started to increase and then add on two inches. But when I ripped back that far I decided to go the whole way back. And start again. Now the cuff is nice and stretchy - knit one, purl one for rib instead of knit one, purl one for seed stitch. Plus, I took off five stiches for the circumference. Should fit. Too bad if it doesn't. I'm not making a third hat. Out of black. It's too hard on my eyes. Especially at stop lights in the dark.

5 comments:

Chasm's Lady said...

You and Chatty . . . always frogging something!

Susan said...

Is life slowing down for you yet? It's been so busy for such a long time! btw, remind me tomorrow about the pamphlet "Pressure" you let me borrow...maybe you'd like to reread it! You seem to be under a lot of pressure (or is it the other way, pulled in every direction?). It was good, thx for letting me borrow it! Do you still have too much going on to do the "knitting" get- togethers? I can host them if you're unable, but you have to come! :)

Mandy said...

Ahhh...does this mean she won't be at conference?? Boo hoo! Well I guess that I hope she has fun. Hee hee!

knitterykate said...

She leaves on the 25th, right after conference.

leanne said...

hmmm and this is the most attractive photo you could come up with to post on the blog that is not supposed to have pictures of your kids on it? thats okay i forgive you because you are making me a hat :) thanks.