Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What's the Resemblance?

Here's an update on the bangs situation: They're not quite as long as I led you to believe by posting the picture of the horse yesterday. But almost. When she pushes them to the side you can see her eyes.

There are advertisements by Fido (a wireless phone company) and Fido that are being circulated here in BC that use pictures of dogs that bear a resemblance to people or the other way around, maybe. Not saying that the people look like dogs, mind you. Yet the hair and fur are often similar. The face shapes are often the same, too. You be the judge and let me know if you think Laura and the horse's hair is the same. That's all.

We had a Greek dinner for Laura's birthday yesterday. Gran came over for the evening and helped us to celebrate. The cheesecake was not Greek--her choice. We could have had baklava but that would have entailed a trip to Vancouver and that would have added another two hours (round trip) to my already very busy day. Now I remember why I don't cook a meal like this but five times a year. It takes a lot of time.

5 comments:

Jailgy said...

That all looks so good and professionally done!

knitterykate said...

Come for dinner some time.

Gramma said...

Baklava is not that hard to make. Lately we've discovered that cheesecake goes with...anything. Next time try dolmas. You can buy grape leaves in a jar. I would like to have been there too!

The Chatty Housewife said...

That all looks so yummy. I love Greek food. There is this little place down at Pike Place Market in Seattle that sells real Greek food out of a window, from real Greek people with real accents and it's amazing food.

As for Laura's bangs, I love her hair so I can't say anything. I like side-swept bangs though.

Sarah said...

Came over here from secret agent josephine, and wow does laura look a lot like brenda!!!!