Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Quick Post

Just a quick post because I'm really suppose to be working! I commented on Mom's blog how I can't blog every day because life is too busy. I have a lot of things stored up in my mind to blog about: our anniversary trip, the police visit to our home while we were gone (nothing serious), a great find of something I've been looking for for ages, Heidi's new acquisition, knitting progress, etc. You get the idea!


This morning at 5:55 I woke up with tons of energy! Instead of rolling over and going back to sleep I told B that I was going to the meeting room and could he take LJ to school? Well, he heard the school part but thought I had said I would take her! I guess he was half awake. She did get to school o.k. but I think there were a few minutes where the two of them were looking at each other and wondering where I was. I almost always take LJ to school so it left them puzzled for a bit.


I've started to walk again. The weather has been just too beautiful to stay indoors all day. The girls do a lot of running and a lot of horseback riding but those things just aren't for me. I would rather walk. Sometimes I take the Loop which is about 3km (2mi) and is just about right for me. Other times I walk to Starbucks and reward myself with a latte.


But my best walk is the one to the lake by our house. I can do this walk in about 20 minutes if I walk around the lake twice so it's not a real invigorating jaunt. That's why I take my knitting and my crossword puzzle book along with me. You see, benches have been placed strategically around the lake inviting you to rest. Even if you don't need a rest. And no, I didn't time the 20 minutes while I was sitting down! I did the walk first and the next time I went out took advantage of the benches. While sitting there this last time an old man and his wife sat down next to me. I scooted over to give them room and he thanked me. They were so cute! He in his turban (they were East Indian) and she in her sari. When his wife was situated he got up and made a jaunt around the pond, and after checking on her, made another loop.


You see she was quite ill and had to use a walker to get around. Even with the walker you could see that it was a struggle. It was very touching to see the concern that old man had for his wife and the concessions that he made for her.

On Monday we had Lily's three girls for supper while Lily and Biker went out. The littlest one is in my Sunday School class and started to sing "Who Did Make the Flowers Grow?" (complete with actions) when we placed the Legoe flowers by the path to our Leego house. Can she sing! I guess only in the privacy of a home! I could have used some of her volume a couple of weeks ago when I felt I was singing a solo with a backup of three little mimes.
So this didn't end up being a quick post. And it's almost lunch time. So much for work. One needs a slave driver for a boss or at least a time card.

4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Ok, so now you have us all intrigued as to what stories those hints have to offer.... fill us in!

Kedge said...

There are (a few) times when I wish I did have a boss/slave driver/time-card! Then I wouldn't have to be self motivated and responsible, or do taxes. Even Phil has commented on how he is glad he has people to answer to at work, that he is on the work docket too.

Anonymous said...

That lake is fabulous. Our little pond doesn't even have those cute ducks anymore. Sometimes a fountain in the middle spouts off.

Jailgy said...

So green and beautiful. I can see why you can't stay inside. Things are starting to get all brown down here. Got to up the sprinkler minutes. Nah, I'll wait for a task master to tell me. Eeek, then it won't get done as I don't have one either. There's only so much to be said for self-motivation.