Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Don't Throw Them Away!

If you were here earlier and wondered what I was talking about, wonder no more. Blogger was having difficulty putting up posts and uploading pictures this morning. So when I wrote and rewrote and tried to post all that would show up was the title. Aw, well, I thought. I'll just leave it. When I finish you'll know what I was talking about. You see, Kedj has a pair of socks that are worn out in the heels. On her blog I told her that another pair was coming. Then this morning as I was rummaging through my stash I came across the left over yarn from the worn out pair. I think I can knit a patch and graft it in the spot where the hole is. So I don't want her to throw the old pair away!

I was at the Abbotsford airport tonight. Teege is on his way to Calgary to meet some of his buddies from Regina. They plan on going to Banff to go snowboarding for a couple of days. We had bought him a ticket for his birthday to go where ever he wanted (within reason, now come on!) He was planning on going to St. Thomas conference and already had his ticket, but the conference was cancelled. He still needed to use the ticket because the last time he was in Regina they lost his luggage and gave him $100 when they found it (if he would pick it up at the airport instead of them delivering it). The $100 had to be used within 3 months and that time was approaching fast. So he's off. It's still hard to see any of my kids go even if only for a short time. As I write--he just called from the Calgary airport--. He was airsick and is really hungry. Thanks for calling.

3 comments:

Jailgy said...

What? I never throw anything away.

ioi said...

What aren't we supposed to throw away?

Kedge said...

Who said anything about anybody ever throwing my socks away? Not happening! I'll wear them until they're only left with toes.