Friday, September 22, 2006

A Well Planned Surprise

No pics today. I have the camera but can't load up because the connecting cord is home in Canada.

I woke up at 4AM on the day of my departure because I can't stand to hear the alarm and I know it would have awakened B too early. It was set for 4:57 but when I saw 4:01 I thought I might as well get up and get my bags in the car and do some other last minute things. I don't know what I was thinking when I set the alarm for that time other than that I guess I thought I could get ready and out the door in record time of 13 minutes. We left the house at 5:10 and got to the airport almost three hours early. It was waaaaay tooo early. I got through ticketing, customs, immigration and screening in about 15 minutes and had to wait for two hours and 45 minutes for my flight. A good long time to enjoy a Starbucks!

Needless to say the flight was uneventful. I did get a whole row to myself which was really nice.

I arrived in S.D. early even though my plane left Vancouver 45 minutes late. Go figure. Jailgy picked me up about 20 minutes after my plane landed and we went to lunch at Togo's. I haven't been there since she lived in Union City. The avocado on the sandwich sure hit the spot. We were both very good and shared a sandwich and had only water and not pop.

After arriving in H we tried to meet up with Chuggy at WalMart (and no, I didn't buy anything...yet!) Since she was doing her chauffeuring rounds with her kids we missed her and caught up with her at Henry's right by Mom's house. Chuggy took me home to her house where we waited for Babbyboebee to wake up. He had arrived earlier after working all night the night before and desperately needed his sleep. Soup showed up shortly after and it was then time to head off to the restaurant for Mom's birthday dinner. As we waited in the parking lot next door we felt like little kids anticipating our own birthday party. Soon we spied Jailgy and Da and they rolled up beside us. I then started to get nervous and commented to Babbyboebee that this was as nerve racking as my own wedding! (Well, maybe not as, but almost.) We were so pleased that we were going to be able to pull this off. And we did! Next episode later.

3 comments:

SAJ said...

I love hearing everybody's version of such a great event! It's so good to see you!

Tom said...

As I wrote on Jailgy's blog... I just wish I could have been there. Sounds like it was the best surprise party ever!

Jailgy said...

tom did not write anything on my blog. harumphh.