Monday, August 21, 2006

South of the Border

Yep! I was able to get over the border in record time. Coming back was even better. Later I heard the traffic report that said there was a two hour wait going in to the States. So going bright and early is the key.

I took the time to visit a yarn store in Birch Bay. Closed. Too bad. They missed out. I was looking for some fine wool yarn as well as some Fleece Artist yarn. Beautiful stuff made in Nova Scotia.

I got lost looking for the yarn shop and stop to chat with a local to get my bearings. He told me of some houses for sale there in the area. I might be tempted. It is so peaceful.

Blaine is such a quaint town. Just about all it has is a post office, pizza parlor , and an espresso stand or two. That's all I need. We've been tempted to move here but after checking out prices lately decided that where we are now is best. Property prices have skyrocketed here as everywhere else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thx for picking up that parcel for me ^_^

Kedge said...

Speaking of South of the Border!! I've been to Mexican restaurants twice here in the East. One good, one not good at all; spoiled guacamole.(which they replaced with more spoiled guacamole! Give it up or get a new cook.)