Friday, June 23, 2006

Gran and Aunt Ruth

I miss visiting with Mom. We live so far away that the visits are too few and the time too far between. That's one reason why I appreciate my mother-in-law. The one in the pink is mine. She's a wonderful woman and lives with her twin sister since both of their husbands are gone. We try to visit them once a week on Tuesday nights, but if not, then on Thursday.
Last night the girls and I were there and we had a party like every other time! We get chips, pop and oodles of cookies. "Eat til you drop" is the motto at Gran's house.
They don't knit anymore but I sit and knit while with them, and we visit. We catch up on the news and fill them in on anything they miss because their hearing aids aren't working properly or because no one bothered to tell them.
Sometimes it's hard to remember what I've told them and sometimes they forget that I've told them. But usually they hear the latest news soon after we do. It's very relaxing visiting and I look forward to it because it makes me slow down. Life is so busy and if I take time out of my day to see them it's worth it. I hope they enjoy it as much as my girls and I do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah we eat lots of chips....

Kedge said...

Such frowns! Were the RedWings losing? Did the USA win the World Cup? What was it you were suggesting for supper?

knitterykate said...

Liver and onions. No, really her stitches were itching.

SAJ said...

You look like you eat a lot of chips! Just kidding! I think Leanne is my new favorite cousin.