Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Color isn't everything

When I saw this yarn I thought it was beautiful. There were blues and purples and all shades in between. I knew I would love it. The colors were so soft looking. But where it shone in beauty it lacked in softness. Icck! Scratchy!!When I got it home and started to knit, it felt like a 1960's craft project. But I slogged on. After working on it for awhile, it got better. I'm actually getting use to it. But it sure is different from the yarn I'm using for H's sweater! Hers is so soft.

Check it out! Moving right along. I feel like I'm on the home stretch. This sweater is so fun to make. I feel like I accomplish something significant every time I pick up the needles. (And the yarn is pretty, to boot).

Moral: Always buy the most expensive yarn you can afford.

2 comments:

Jailgy said...

Remember the afghans we started around 1970? They made my nose and hands itch so much. Little did we know that I was allergic to wool. It took me a good 20+ years to finish that project.

Kedge said...

Some of my worst jobs are when I have to work on wool in the summertime. People think they want to get ready for fall in June! I wait for a gloomy day.