Monday, June 20, 2016

Hexie delema or "Now What?"

I really like making hexies. I hand sew all my hexies just because to me, it's very relaxing. And there is a lot of hand sewing when it comes to EPP or English Paper Piecing! The only problem is, is that it takes a lot of time. And in this day and age who has a lot of that!? (Interobang) Well, I do when I sit in the car on a long trip. Bruce does all the driving and I don't get car sick in the least - unless we're pretending to be race car drivers whipping around corners and I'm looking down. Then I feel sick. But besides all that, a long trip to Regina or to So. California indulges me my need of hand sewing.

In one of my last posts I showed you a picture of all the hexies I made with a charm pack. I picked up this pack because all the material matched my family room perfectly! Well, at least it matched the rug. But I didn't want to start on another hexie quilt as I knew I didn't have the tenacity to finish it. Besides, I only bought one package of squares which has about 40 pieces.

So, now that I have the hexies all sewn together I've got to figure out what to do. The first thing that comes to mind is a pillow. But the sewn piece is not in the shape of a pillow! Maybe, I can sew it to a background material to square it up and then make it into a pillow.

This deserves a trip to California where I can coerce my sisters to help me figure this one out. In the mean time I'm off to the eye doctor.

No comments: