Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!! What better way to celebrate than with a new batch of snow?!! Yep, it happened again last night. This morning we woke up with a new blanket of the white variety. I love it.

After meeting last night there was a new year's celebration of a sort. Most of the ladies brought goodies and those with kids brought games. We did eat our selves silly but the games stayed in the boxes. The kids had more fun with charades. Brought back memories of our young peoples' celebrations in the 70's. Only they played a very modified version. Example: Bethany stood up and hugged herself and you were supposed to guess "Hugging". Tara put her two fingers up to her hair and you were supposed to guess "Hair cutting". All fun. Those girls are dramatists for sure. And then ladies all brought out their yarn. Check out Chatty's blog for photos.

Bruce and I stayed at the meeting room as long as he could stand being awake. (I had my knitting so I was prepared for the night). That ended up being around 11:15. Even the four year olds had us beat this year.

Even though we got to bed at a decent time I still heard the revelers at midnight. It made me smile as I looked at the clock and rolled over and went back to sleep.


And finally, finished for Shy Guy:


A little big but that's the beauty of knitting for babies: at some point, sooner or later, it will fit.

2 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

I just love how that sweater turned out. I think it is my favorite out of all the ones I have seen you give away! :)

Gramma said...

The little Wallaby has just the right sized pocket in just the right place. I know the recipient and her mother will enjoy. It's so good to be able to toss it in the washer and drier. Then, too, the hood stays put and you do not have to keep looking for hats.

Freckles is still sick (since last Thursday at Conference...Jecky Bones went out and got her medicines to take care of her cough, her fever, her aches and pains. Ladybug has been trundling me around shopping, to meeting, etc.

Our sauerkraut, pork and mashed potato dinner went over just fine
Sir told his daughter that it was just like pickles so she ate it. RK,WJB and DS peeled all the spuds, real gentlemen!