Thursday, May 15, 2008

Burgundy and Emeralds

There are other things to do with yarn besides knit.

Kedge made me a Bible case a number of years ago that held up really well. Except for the handles, it's in very good shape. I had contemplated having her make me another until I remembered my burgundy yarn and the "blanket stitch". Worked well. You have my recommendation for repairing handles on a Bible Case.


You knew this was coming, didn't you? As you know the birthstone for May is emerald. There will be two of these and so far one is done. Guess. And they're not socks.

6 comments:

Jailgy said...

Earrings?!

knitterykate said...

Ha! I don't wear earrings and neither does the recipient. (Those little green rings are stitch markers so I don't knit when I'm suppose to purl and vice versa.

Gramma said...

Since there are two of them and they are not earrings, perhaps they may become mittens, no, they will probably turn out to be egg cosies, or even iced tea glass holders, or gear shift knob fancies, or hats for SBA's golf clubs. Am I close?

knitterykate said...

Nope! Very creative guessing, though. Remember there are two.

The Chatty Housewife said...

That's so smart! Like hangers, but on your bible case! I love it.

Leg warmers? Sleeves for a sweater?

I know, they are covers for the side view mirrors on your car, so that you don't have to scrape them in the winter time.

A.Sister said...

Um...something to put on something hot coming out of the oven, how does that sound...ah, one for each side of the pot, or a pot lid takeroffer thingee.