Saturday, October 06, 2007

Of Sisters and Bugs

I got a call from Kedge this AM and since I'm a school teacher at heart and by practice I have a lot of patience. (Having kids helps too). She was having difficulty getting links on her page. This is the result of her lesson.

https://www.paypal.com/
http://www.onetitaniclady.com/
onetitaniclady
https://www.paypal.com/
one titanic lady


Hopefully, she took notes.
Go check out her blog.



In other news... The warehouse and its showroom are coming along nicely. We've got all the shelves (bookcases) in the warehouse and all the racks in the showroom. The racks are almost full and we're adding product daily. We've had some long days but hopefully that's all coming to and end. Whew! I'll know what it is to once again cook a meal for the family! And maybe we'll have some clean clothes. And just maybe I'll get those cobwebs out of the corners!

That reminds me of the gnat/fruit fly infestation we brought home from meeting. They seem to be under control at the moment, but for a while we had these little bugs all over the kitchen. Several friends of mine had the same problem and gave me advice on how to get rid of them. Both said to block your sink drains, keep your counters clean and set a trap. I set two traps. One trap had juice and yeast and the other trap had juice and honey. My yeast trap didn't work too well. The other trap attracted the flies but they only stayed for supper and flew off again! What worked the best was using the vacuum cleaner. We kept it out for hourly use and (just in case) kept a piece of plastic wrap over the end. (B thought that the flies flew back up the pipe and we kept getting the same bugs back again. I say they multiply rapidly.)

Does anyone else have any suggestions? These bugs seem harmless but I don't want my kitchen to be the latest breeding and feeding ground for fruit flies.

3 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

That is weird that the bugs were able to fly out of the trap again. I have had both of those traps work well before, did you put a funnel shaped piece of paper tied onto the top? The funnel shape is what traps them.

Kedge said...

Old fashioned arsenic laced flypaper if you can find it. Probably in those myriad of oriental general stores you have.

Jailgy said...

Do you have any house plants? We had a gnat problem earlier this summer and the pest control guy said I was overwatering my plants. Phhh. I wasn't, if anything, I underwater my house plants, but it stands to reason if you were told to stop up your drains. The gnats finally went away but they sure were pesky. I should have thought of vacuuming them.