Monday, August 27, 2007

Peridot Are Green?

If you read "CrackerCrumbs" in the last few days you'll notice that she and I came up with a plan on the way to the Ontario airport. At least part of a plan anyway. She actually added a very interesting twist. Every month is a month to start, finish or work on a project that is the color of that month's birthstone. Since peridot is August's birthstone and is green, our projects should be green or have some green in them. Good thing I had this yarn in my carry-on luggage! It's kind of a sickly, sand in your eye green, isn't it? I was able to start socks in Salt Lake while our plane was in for maintenance.

I think it's too easy to write about something that is green. It will be much more of a challenge to come up with a colored project each month. We don't care if it's knitting, quilting, crochet, scrapbooking or anything else. As long as it's something that you are working on making. So if you want to join us please sign in on her blog or mine to let us know what you're doing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a fan of all things green I must protest.... I think it's way more of a beautiful sun on the dewy grass green! Does that earn me the socks? :)

knitterykate said...

You've got them! I was thinking as I was falling asleep last night that the first person to respond to my blog will receive these socks since I was just making them to make them, with no one in particular in mind. For you...a perfect fit. (pun intended)

Anonymous said...

Maybe I have a "jump" on September. I just started Freckles Starry Night sweater, again. First time I dropped three stitches right at the joining (I'm knitting in the round). and on the third round I had to rip it out to the beginning. Guess I'd better get back to putting together her bile green fuzzy purse instead.

Kedge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kedge said...

Hey! I object, your honor! It's Chartruese, not bile green! I'm nothing if not trendy and chartrusese is trendy. Or Kiwi. Or Lime. Or even Pear. Maybe even Hydrangea. Trendy, that's me.

The Chatty Housewife said...

I love the colors in that yarn you are using Aunt Kathy, it's so pretty! I like the idea of a different color project for each month, but that means I have to finish a project each month. Yikes! Not for me! All the crochet I am doing right now is either in pinks or blue because it is for babies. :)

Jailgy said...

You are very welcome for the airport ride. I wish I could do it more often. I said to skip August. I did.