Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Projects to Be

See the sweater on the left? It's made from one of my favorite variegated yarns. Chuggy saw it once and thought it would make a great "big people" sweater. Even though it's a baby yarn I thought so too. Right now I'm trying to find a sweater pattern to go with the yarn. It knits up to 5 and 1/2 stitches per inch. I'll probably make it a cardigan, though instead of a pullover.

What is is called when you have a cough that won't go away and gets worse every time you try to speak? It did not start as a cold as bronchitis often does. Maybe it's just a chest cold that hurts. (My lungs are sore.) On second thought, I think it is bronchitis. (The trouble with the internet is you often get conflicting information. If not, you can't read it right because you're so out of it).

I often thought that if I got sick it would relieve me of my household and work responsibilities and that my family would feel sorry for me and pull up their collective socks to pitch in where I left off--leaving me lots of time to knit. Ha! Try knitting when you're feeling "blah" and hacking away because of a persistent cough. All I can do now is sit and watch my yarn. And hope that my family will still feel sorry for me, enough to make dinner tonight--especially since I can't even knit.

7 comments:

ioi said...

Oh no! That's how my bronchitis showed up. No cold, just a cough. Because I thought it was just a cough that would eventually go away, I left it for four days before I was so weak that I'd spend all my energy coughing and wouldn't have enough time in a collapsed heap to recharge before the next coughing fit. Please go see a doctor! And if you lean toward the family's asthma - mention it to the doctor so you don't end up suffocating like I was until I went back for inhalers!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Hmm... I wonder if I should just go in NOW? Everyone else has Bronchitis and there have been several posts and comments about it. Hmm... I definitely am coughing like crazy but I keep on thinking it is going away. I think I will make an appointment!

Unknown said...

What's up with the bronchitis up there??!! I think I'll stay away for a while. Unless it's already too late. :) Hope you feel better soon! Tell your kids to make you some good food. :)

Anonymous said...

wow you can't even knit?? we should probably call 911 instead of making dinner and possibly 310-1010 pizza hut lol.

Susan said...

Shall I share my cough story too? :-) It sure is going around! I never took preventative measures because it was just a mild cough for several days before the bronchitis really kicked in...the hacking and the wheezing and the barking and the sneezing, so relentless it won't stop, I can't take any teasing! (hey it rhymed) Steve commented on Wednesday that the mtgs have been very noisy with all the coughing lately! So many have had it. Hope you are on the mend, but just take it easy, don't push yourself.

Gramma said...

I'm waiting to be moved to get back into knitting. All the pieces of Schnicklefritz's Starry Night are finished, it's just the putting together. Have you ever put a sweater or anything together with that knit duplicate stitch?

knitterykate said...

Duplicate stitch is not that hard to figure out. Ask snickle-fritz to help you or google "duplicate stitch knitting" It's just a stitch worked over your knitting. Do it when you have finished the sweater.