Monday, August 28, 2006

Emergency Meals

Don't you buy two different types of chili for one meal? I do when I buy them at different times and can't remember which one I bought before. Beats me why I didn't buy two the first time. Maybe I was thinking we were empty nesters already. (Gasp! I don't think that day will come very soon. I'm not ready for it and neither are the kids).

This is one of my easy dinners. If Teege is home I do three cans (but I don't think STAGG'S has a third variety). Add a pot of rice, some peas and mix up a batch of corn bread muffins with honey butter and you've got one quick, tasty meal.

Next time I'll buy two cans of the same variety of chili. Or maybe I should go back to making it from scratch? Nah.

1 comment:

Gramma said...

Sounds good, mmmmmm! RJ made a simple casserole with a can of tomato soup, browned ground beef, cut up tortillas and grated cheese. I don't know the portions, but she got the recipe from ARC at Lassen.