Saturday, July 22, 2006

What Life is Made of

The air conditioner in our van broke while we were on holidays (Brit Speak). No problem since it wasn't too hot on the Oregon Coast. We took it in to the dealership yesterday-on probably the hottest day on record in BC It was close to 40 degrees Celsius ( about 100 F for those of you who don't convert). When we went to pick it up we turned it on. No go. Arrgh!
B.C. rarely gets hot so heat is one thing we cannot tolerate. To console ourselves we went to Starbucks where things didn't go so well there either. They charged LK $1.50 too much. They ran out of cafe con leche mix and couldn't make the coffee I asked for. They almost gave me two oat fudge bars when I only ordered one. (!) Poor Felix had to stay home and sweat it out on the couch.

Well, I brought back the van this AM and walked home. And now they just called with an update. Which usually means more money. And it did! Another $105!!! But that's another looong story. Very frustrating, to say the least. Another test of Christian graces displayed!!

Thought I would give you an update on the latest Wallaby. I'm a little further along than this because while we were at Aunt Ruth and Gran's visiting I was able to knit up a storm. The arms are now attached and the shoulders are shaping up. That means there are few mistakes. Notice I did not say there were no mistakes! At least they are not glaring enough for me to frog.

Aunt Ruth is not doing too well. She went in for a CT scan yesterday to find out why her arm is paining her so much. No info yet.

4 comments:

Gramma said...

Hope everything is o.k. with Aunt Ruth. Keep at it. My x-ray the afternoon before I was admitted to the hospital did NOT show pneumonia, but the one taken at the hospital emergency room DID. Please give her a hug from me.

Kedge said...

I Love It!!!
School Bus Yellow!
117f today, thunder clouds, bugs, sprinkles...feels like Georgia, to which I've never been.

Jailgy said...

I love the foot!

knitterykate said...

I have a video of the foots walking but don't know how to upload it on the blog! Any ideas?