Friday, June 02, 2006

Recycled Yarn

I made a sweater for Laura and used an old favorite sweatshirt as a pattern. Never do that. The sleeves may be just right at the beginning but once the sweater is worn for a while it starts to sag. Badly. Sweater arms and sweatshirt arms don't mix. So one day I frogged the whole sweater! I knew I would use the yarn again because I just loved the colors and it was fun to knit with it. Well, here is the results of the first ball of yarn:


The other sock may take awhile. I think they call it the "SSS" or "second sock syndrome". Yet, if I had the time I would be knitting all day long. One must face reality. Many things call me. But I would rather be knitting.

3 comments:

ComfortablyCrazy said...

I've read somewhere that you can actually knit both socks in the round at the same time. Don't remember what book it was in though. That way when you finish with one sock you're actually done with the pair.

knitterykate said...

Thanks. When you remember the name of book let me know. I'm thinking about doing just that on my next pair. That way I don't have to remember what to do for the second one what I did on the first. I have several "one sock pairs" right now!

Jailgy said...

I hate having unfinished projects hanging around. I have a quilt top that needs quilting still and a crewel project or two. I won't let myself start another until I get them done. That's why I have nothing to do now (that I want to do). But I need to chronicle my trip to DC, and make some sundresses. It was only 95 today. I have a lot of odd socks, too. Maybe some of them will match yours?